What a busy day!! A few weeks ago, I asked Cody what he wanted to do for his weekend. He has never been really big on birthdays and usually ends up just working. His birthday falls on Sunday this year (Nov. 11- Veteran's Day), and I thought since we hadn't been down to see his parents for a while that it may be nice to make a quick trip to Quemado. Since we left Silver City, we have REALLY missed spending time with Dearie and Pappy( Cody's grandparents) so we called and asked if they might be able to make a trip to Quemado so we could see them the same weekend. We decided since it was only a few weeks before Thanksgiving and we are all planning on doing our own things this year, it might be a nice chance for Mike, Steph and the kids, and Rowdy and Chelsea to come too. We are pretty excited to get the family together, its been a while and we have missed them!!
Anyways, we will be taking off tomorrow afternoon once Cody is off work and coming back Sunday afternoon. I wanted us to do a little celebrating alone just the four of us. So off to the mall this morning the boys and I did trot and we picked up some things for the MAN. We wrapped them up and eagerly waited for Dad to come home. We surprised him with a new jacket, two new pairs of shoes(I married a shoe obsessed guy...), cologne, new socks, and a JUMBO sized bag of sour patch kids(his favorite candy). What he doesn't know(and hopefully doesn't suspect) is he is also getting his "annual knife". I ordered it Monday but it isn't supposed to be here until next Tuesday, so instead of telling him and making him wait, I figured I would be sneaky and make it seem like he just wasn't getting one this year. Hope it all plays out!! He loved all his gifts. He said he wanted to go to the Outback Steakhouse. It was DELICIOUS!!
The boys were hilarious all day long! Dallin sang the happy birthday to my daddy song the whole day. Everyone in the stores thought he was just adorable!! Then tonight I told him he need to tell our waitresses(we had two!) that it was daddy's birthday and he needs to be sung to! He was very persistent and managed to tell every single person passing us! So cute!
I'm still kicking myself for not remembering my phone and so I didn't get to take a pic of the boys during dinner. Tucker got restless towards the end of the meal and came to sit with me and Dallin. I had been trying to get D to eat his chicken strips all night and little did I know all I had to do was get his younger brother to hand feed him it. Tucker would pick up one strip and SHOVE it in D's face and D would happily eat it and then give T a hug and say, I love my baby. Then Tuck would grab another strip and the cycle would repeat. I sure love my family!!
In the morning I plan on making some chocolate marshmallow cookies, heading to spend some time with a friend of mine, naps, packing, and then hitting the road for a birthday weekend of family fun fun fun! Happy weekend friends!!
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment